9 August 2014

YA Choice of August 2014

With the Young Adult genre becoming more and more popular, each month I will be bringing you my choice of the newly released books which I must share with you all! This month's choice is...

22533460

The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting by Holly Bourne
Released August 1st 2014
from Usborne
You can buy it now HERE.

Bree is a loser, a wannabe author who hides behind words. But when she's told she needs to start living a life worth writing about, The Manifesto on How to Be Interesting is born. Six steps on how to be interesting. Six steps that will see her infiltrate the popular set, fall in love with someone forbidden and make the biggest mistake of her life.

I have always loved contemporaries but especially now that it's summer, they're all I've been reading. I don't know why, maybe its because the fantasies and dystopians are all shrouded in a darkness that you just don't get in summer. Either way, this is something I will be needing very soon. Poor Bree's plan sounds like a disaster waiting to happen and I just want to scream at her 'BE YOURSELF'. Unfortunately though, life isn't that easy and I know it sounds horrid but I can't wait to read her struggles. Also, let me talk about this cover. Simple yet so great, I am especially in love with the bold colour choice!

Have you read On The Fence since I recommended it last month? Let me know what you think in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment